We are aware of 5 scams targeting our clients. People should not respond to unsolicited emails or phone calls. More information.
The Duties, Payroll Tax, Parking Space Levy and Unclaimed Money online services will be unavailable between 8.00am and 10.00am on Sunday, 2 August due to scheduled maintenance. We apologise for any inconvenience.
The online calculator assists you to work out your monthly tax payable. You do not have to submit this calculation.
Your monthly payment (July to May) or 'nil' remittance is due seven days after the end of each month, or the next business day if the seventh day is a weekend or public holiday.
Monthly payroll tax threshold
The current monthly payroll tax thresholds are:
Days in month
Monthly calculator online services
The monthly calculator assists you to work out your monthly tax payable. You do not have to submit this calculation.
Read the following information and make sure you have all the necessary details before starting the online form.
1. Your NSW wages
- salaries and wages
- fringe benefits
- termination payments
- contractor payments
- bonuses and commissions
- directors fee
- shares and options
- apprentice and trainee wages.
For more information, visit the Checklist of liable and exempt items page.
2. Your total interstate wages
Total interstate wages consist of all those wage components which are liable for payroll tax in the state or territory where the interstate wages are paid.
3. Grouping information
If you are a member of a group and are claiming the threshold, or you are the nominated group single lodger, you also need:
- gross NSW wages paid by other members of the group
- gross interstate wages paid by other members of the group.
For more information, visit the Grouping page.
Paying online (direct debit)
To register to make a payment online you will need:
- Your BSB number. This must be a six digit number. If you are unsure of this number please contact your financial institution.
- Your account number. This cannot be more than 9 digits.
- Your account name.
- Your financial institution.
- An email address.
- A contact name and daytime phone number for any enquiries.
Printing your monthly calculation
To print a copy of your monthly calculation:
- select the ‘Return History Summary' link
- select the month you wish to print under the ‘Calculation Date’ column
- select the 'Print' button at the bottom of the page.
If you have all the required information, it should take you about 5 minutes to calculate your liability. If you do not have all the required information, you can save the information you have entered and return to complete the form at a later time.
You are able to view previously saved monthly calculations and modify the most recently saved monthly calculation for each month. All saved monthly calculations can be viewed through the Return History Summary screen of our payroll tax online services.