The Credit Card Payment service will be unavailable between 10.00pm on Tuesday, 24 May and 2.00am on Wednesday 25 May due to scheduled maintenance. We apologise for any inconvenience.
Electronic Duties Returns
Electronic Duties Returns (EDR) is a service that allows an approval holder (approved person) to electronically assess and endorse a range of duties transactions, and pay duty by way of a periodic remittance.
An approved person (EDR client) sends information to us through a Client Service Provider (CSP).
The Duties Document Matrix (PDF) identifies a list of transactions that can be processed on EDR and a general list of transactions which must be lodged with us.
Why should I use EDR?
By using EDR you can:
- confirm the calculation of duty and interest payable on a Duties Notice of Assessment
- view a Return Period Invoice of all endorsed transactions online
- reduce your time and administration costs
- control all instruments at all times, as they do not need to leave your premises
- improve your customer service by delivering fast and efficient services
- access a simplified settlement process.
When is EDR available?
EDR is available:
- Monday to Friday: 7.00am to 11.00pm
- Saturday: 7.00am to 2.00pm.
You receive instant confirmation enabling you to endorse documents.
How do I apply to become an EDR client?
To become an EDR client, follow these steps:
Engage an approved Client Service Provider (CSP).
Download Directions for using Electronic Duties Returns for a full explanation on how to use EDR and the functions available.
Register for EDR online.
Note: the Chief Commissioner may approve or reject any application.
If your application is approved, one of our EDR Officers will contact you to make an appointment to provide training. The Officer will provide system, procedural and legislative training to all your staff authorised to use EDR.
You will be issued with:
- A notice of approval
- Set of our accountable stamps
- Acknowledgement of our accountable stamps form
- A book of remittance slips and reply paid envelopes.
Note: Prior to the training, ensure your CSP system is operational.
Who are approved Client Service Providers?
The approved Client Service Providers are: