The Office of State Revenue (OSR) is a division within the Office of Finance and Services which is part of the Treasury and Finance Cluster.
We administer State taxation and revenue programs for and on behalf of the people of New South Wales (NSW). We collect revenue and outstanding fines, manage overdue debt, help develop policy and implement legislation. We also administer grants and subsidies to provide valuable assistance to families and enterprises across the State.
The revenue we collect is used to fund schools, hospitals and other public services for the people of NSW.
Our ABN is 77 456 270 638.
An excellent organisation of professional people proudly delivering community value and contemporary service.
We contribute to a prosperous, safe and fair society by collecting revenue, resolving fines, administering grants and recovering debt.
We have five key values:
Our pillars are:
- Client Experience - make it easy for clients to do business with us.
- People and Culture - capable and engaged workforce.
- Compliance - maximise compliance.
- Processes and Systems - processes and systems meet the needs of our stakeholders.
- Growth and Innovation - innovate to renew services and processes and expand our service offering.
Our strategic plan
The OSR Strategic Plan sets out our future direction and goals to June 2021.